Infracore’s Utilities department specialise in operating and maintaining
public water infrastructure across the three water systems;
Storm water, Waste water and Drinking water
We offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation, maintenance and repair service
to ensure these essential water services are delivered to a professional standard.
InfraCore is equipped for, and skilled in, the laying and installation of pipe network infrastructure.
We have the capability to lay pipe via open trenching or drilling. Our team are experienced fitters and operators skilled in the installation of fittings and connections, we work on everything from standard household connections through to large complex industrial connections.
We have the skills and expertise to install all necessary detailed fittings and structures on any of the three water networks (e.g. valves, hydrants, back flow protection, manholes, culverts, drains etc.)
In addition to major project work InfraCore also undertake various smaller works for a wide range of customers including individual private and commercial network connections.
The drinking water team covers every aspect of water in its’ journey from the spring
to your tap including:
- Managing water treatment, sampling and testing.
- Operating and maintaining pumps and bores.
- Carrying out infrastructure repair work.
- Liaising with the public and consumers on water service matters.
- Running leak detection programmes.
- Proving, testing and operating valves and hydrants.
- Pressure and flow testing networks.
- Monitoring network telemetry.
- Problem solving and investigating issues in the reticulation system.
If you would like to know more about drinking water check out the Rotorua Lakes Councils Drinking Water
Our Storm Water team is focused on the maintenance of the open and piped drain networks that help manage the flows of rain and surface water to control flooding and surface water problems.
To do this our teams have the capability to design and run regular maintenance programmes for the infrastructure. Plus they are skilled and equipped for delivering effective storm and flood response services in the field.
InfraCore's waste water team are focused on operating, maintaining and repairing public waste water or sewage networks. We have experience working on both gravity fed and low pressure systems and our capabilities include:
- Cleaning and inspection of sewers.
- Handling sewage overflows.
- Installation and maintenance of low pressure grinder pumps.
- In ground sewer repairs.
- Clearing sewer line blockages.
- Manhole and chamber cleaning and repair.
- Inflow and infiltration investigation work.
- New sewer laying.
- New manhole installation.
InfraCore provides a 24/7 operations, maintenance and repair service.
For more details on these services please click on the link below.
Working in InfraCore's Utilities Department
InfraCore provides training and up-skilling opportunities for all its’ employees across the three waters.
We encourage our staff to seek their Civil Trades Certification and we have a number
of staff working through apprenticeships.
If you are a worker with relevant skills who is looking for
a new opportunity, or an individual keen to develop new skills,
InfraCore would love to hear from you.